Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] clangers_snout@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Replacement Windows

On 9 Jul, 20:31, "Peter" wrote:
wrote in message

I would approach window companies with a written spec "this is what I
want" and ask them to justify, in writing, and changes they feel are
necessary.

Could be a good idea though having already had the quotes it's maybe a bit
late. I also suspect they would just say 'it's the regulations' and tell me
to go elsewhere if I'm not happy with it. I am thinking of going back to all
of them with some sort of query for 'clarification' to see what they say but
I'm still not sure how far I'd get.

Peter, call your local council BCO (building control office). They
will tell you exactly what is and isn't required to meet building
regulations.