Posted to alt.home.repair

Default soldering two copper fittings on a very short length of pipe

Solder both at the same time. It's the only way to go.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Mike" wrote in message
I need to solder two copper fittings to a very short length of 1/2"
pipe.

When I put both fittings on the pipe, then the amount of pipe showing
between them is about 1/8" inch.

I first soldered on one fitting and then tried to attach the second.
My fear, though, is that I am ruining the first joint when I solder
the second. Is this a concern? In this situation should I try to
solder both joints at the same time or do them separately?

Thanks,

mh