Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus16954 Ignoramus16954 is offline

Default Thread cutting on a reversible lathe

I am trying to recall some 20 year old high school memories. If I am
cutting a thread on a lathe, and the lathe is reversible, then I can
cut the thread one way, stop/reverse the lathe, return, set the cutter
deeper, and repeat, right?

I do not need to withdraw the cutter, move it back, find the proper
spot to restart, etc. Right or wrong?

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/