Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Loom 1/2

Last winter a lady I know ask if I'd be interested in making some looms for
Ravenstail weaving (see
http://www.uas.alaska.edu/soundings/.../weaving.html). She gave me
some plans and said a previous woodworker used to make the looms for the
weavers for $100 but he wasn't around anymore. A weavers symposium was
held at the U. here in Juneau in June so I told her I'd make one and see if
there was any interest. I took one out to it, sold it for $120 and got
three more orders! Not bad for a few hours work and some off-cuts that
have been laying around shop.

The loom on the wood pile is the 'prototype'. The one inside is one of the
orders that sprang from it. The whole thing disassembles for easy storage.

The base of the first one is made of maple scraps that I glued up. The
posts and crossbeam are clear fir.

The other is made of birch and teak base, and mahogany sides & crosspost.

S'later...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller, Juneau, Alaska
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb

Attached Thumbnails
Loom 1/2-img_6169-jpg  Loom 1/2-img_6171-jpg