Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default Tying down a lathe

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 15:27:52 -0500, Ignoramus32025
wrote:

Thats going to be a lovely machine to use when you have finished it -
I am in awe of your expertise, I wouldn't know where to start a
project like that. Liked the 2 v-blocks in the v

This one wouldnt fit in my trailer when I moved it in and set it up.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/BiggerMachines

Is that an Axelson lathe?

Smith-Lehman

One of their small ones.

See why I blink, when I read about those big lathes and how tough
they are to move around by some of the posters here?

I moved that one, and ALL the machines in the "project" album, about
10 miles.

I did it with 1 finger too.

I called a good rigging company.

Though I did have to move a few into exact placement, using forklifts,
prybars and jacks.

Gunner