Posted to rec.woodworking
StephenM[_2_] StephenM[_2_] is offline

Default Woodworking at the library

Thanks all for the suggestions and the guidance.

I'm going to keep it low tech (no powerpoint) but heavy on the heavy on the
project items that can be passed around and touched.

I'll make sure that I include a couple novice items so that it stays
attainable.

I'll hand out a few turned tops... kids love a freeebee.

Thanks,

Steve

wrote in message
I would think (reminding myself of my 8yr old nephew and his buddies -
some a little older) that you need to remember the attention span of
your audience.

Delving into the nuances, history and minutiae or woodworking wouldn't
keep their attention for more than a few minutes.

Probably just about anything would be fine as long as it was well
presented in a lively manner. Especially if you have visual aids. If
you try to give a comprehensive overview of woodworking and its
applications, you will lose them fast.

Robert