Posted to alt.home.repair
Brent Bolin Brent Bolin is offline

Default Cordless phones

On Jul 8, 10:25*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
Can someone recommend a cordless phone that has long lasting batteries that
will not "degrade" a lot over time?

I have two cordless phones, and when they were new, the batteries last 3 to
4 days, then after a few months or so of usages and charging/recharging,
they no longer hold charge as long, and it gets worse and worse until the
charge will hold for only about 15 minutes.

I understand those batteries have memory and you have to let it die before
you recharge and if you leave it on the charger too long it could also ruin
it. *However, I simply cannot manage to do that, I have two cordless phones
and I don't want them to die in the middle of a call, so I do charge them
before they run out, also I don't remove them from the charger as soon as
they are done, I sometimes leave them on the charger too long.

I have purchased new replacement batteries and they work for a few months
and then back to not holding charge again.

Are there cordless phones out there that will hold charges? *I am ready to
toss my two phones into the garbage!

MC

Like someone else in this thread mentioned Uniden (http://
www.uniden.com) . I've had nothing but good luck with them.
Planning on purchasing a new set of four. Separate chargers on all of
them, running from the same base unit.

Previously had Panasonic and General Electric. Both died an early
death.