Posted to alt.home.repair

Default One AC vent gives out smell

"Yong Huang" wrote in message
On Jul 8, 7:44 pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:

You may have a critter or two living in the duct. Remove the entire
flexible section and bring it outside. Just get new flex to install or
better yet get solid steel duct to eliminate the problem from happening
again. Insulate the steel with duct wrap.

Thanks, John. How did they get in? Drilled a hole on the duct? So I'm
actually leaking cool air into attic?

Before I get a contractor for the duct work you suggested, do you
think I can remove the A/C register, put some food on the ladder, and
place the ladder under the A/C vent to get them out? It's hard to
imagine they can live in a 100 F environment.

If it is flexible duct almost any rodent can chew into it. I don't
recommend enticing vermin into your house. Call an exterminator to have a
look.