Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Island Countertop Overhang Problem

On Jul 9, 2:26*pm, dpb wrote:

My thought is to pull the countertop forward 4" and then fill the gap
with the existing 4" backsplash (of the same material), laid on the
flat. *However, that would create a visible seam running the entire
length of the countertop (63") where the two pieces join. *...

W/O seeing the actual piece, it's hard to know for certain, but I'd
certainly think either a contrasting piece or matching worked in (and
not necessarily at the back but in the middle, even, w/ a good job of
seaming would/could be made to be a feature rather than a flaw.

--

I don't think you can make the seam in the middle. If you did then you
need a support for the 12" overhang . If you get a new piece, it will