Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Hudak John Hudak is offline

Default JVC AV 27850 - common cause for deflection problem?

Chuck wrote:
On this set, usually just soldering the pins of the vertical output ic
will fix it. Chuck

After taking it apart, I resoldered all the connections in the vertical
deflection section and checked the voltage out of the regulator.
Since I didn't want to reassemble it without possibly fixing it, and
since the set had some other flakey operation, I decided to resolder
mostly ALL the connections - mainly the horz deflection, the CPU, the
tuner board as well as the two massive connectors from tuner to MB, and
the convergance board (on the back of the CRT). The old shotgun approach...

One hour and 15 min later + 1/4 lb solder, I reassembled it and it has
been working fine...even the annoying intermittent turn-off/turn on
problem seems to have gone away. I declared success and put it back on
the TV stand...

Thanks for all the advice!
John