Posted to alt.home.repair
Adam Russell Adam Russell is offline

Default funny smell in the bathroom

No, not that kind of smell.
I bought this house about 6 months ago and sometimes in the master bathroom
toilet there is a funny smell. Its kind of like paint drying, but somewhat
more like chemical smell. Its not always there but I do smell it several
times a week, and it is fairly strong. Strong enough that if I try to sniff
it out to try and find out where its coming from then it makes me a little
nauseous. Its been there on and off the entire 6 months Ive been here. I
have no idea what to do about it or who to call. It doesnt really smell
like electrical burn, but thats the most dangerous possibility I think.
Should I call an electrician to be sure?