N. Thornton

Default Double Pole switches and FCUs for kitchen applicances

"BigWallop" wrote in message ...
"William Joones" wrote in message
om...

As part of renovating my kitchen, I intend to have 2 applicances
(washing machine and dishwasher) plugged in to separate single
unswitched sockets under the work surface, with those sockets
controlled by switches on the wall above the work surface.

The switches will be on a 30amp ring circuit with a spur running to
below the work surface.

Looking at various old posts in google, people have recommended using
Double Pole Switches or FCUs for this task.

Hi. Why would you need to us either a DP switch or a fuse to connect a
socket to a ring? A double socket would need IIRC a 20A switch, and a
single one... presumably 13A one. (Not certain bout those figures, but
think so)

Regards, NT