Martin Angove

Default Another toolkit question

In message ,
Steven Briggs wrote:

In message , Martin Angove
writes
Not sure if this is d-i-y or not, but here goes anyway :-) Feel free to
ignore or abuse (be gentle) if you think this is too much OT.

As some of you may be aware, I'm seriously considering "going solo" and
setting up as a jobbing electrician.

Ditto.
A definite option if the axe falls my way next week.
Been following the threads with interest.

A tool that was on my list was a small genny.
For when the juice if off all day and you gotta use the SDS for some
hard bricks, or for temp work lights, or just keeping the clients
freezer running.

I think the genny may have to wait, but I have been seriously
considering a back-of-the-van (when I decide I can afford a van!)
installation of an inverter and a leisure battery. If for nothing else
then for powering battery chargers and the like (though that seems a
waste - perhaps I'll just have to look for tools which can charge
directly from 12V).

If I was going to need power off for a while, my favoured option would
probably be to rig a temporary dis board on flying leads from the "big
switch" I've thoughtfully installed on the ends of the meter tails. It
could be built into a nice case and everything, and you could run a few
extension leads for freezers, though IME, an unopened freezer will keep
stuff frozen for far longer than a working day.

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove (it's Cornish for "Smith") - ARM/Digital SA110 RPC
See the Aber Valley -- http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/abervalley.html