Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24ri

Noise - this is the first fan assisted boiler I have experienced, so the
general operational noise was a bit of a surprise.

The 241 junior is certainly noisy. We've sort of got used to it now but
the high pitch of the fan was a bit of a shock. The cat didn't like it
either.

Also, some of the panels (particularly the bottom tray) are a loose type
fit, so some annoying vibrations have had to be silenced.

The case isn't particularly well anchored, and I haven't found any way
to stop the vibration .

The other annoying thing is that it has to deliver several litres of
cold water before the burner lights up. Very frustrating if you just
want to top up a bowl of hot water.

I expect these faults are common to all newer combis though