Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan Smithers[_2_] Dan Smithers[_2_] is offline

Default Tripod/Camera Screw Thread

1501 wrote:
On 2 Jul, 21:45, Andy Champ wrote:

This interchangeability is fortunate, since BSW is considered
obsolete and is approaching extinction (Britain having gone metric),

Yet the tooling remains readily available and, according to the
supplier, will continue to be available for the foreseeable future.

I was pleased to see that modern Meccano still uses a 3/32 Whit thread.
even if it is made in France. It's all compatible with my old stuff from
the 70's and the even older collections that I've picked up.

They've gone back to square nuts (shame) and put hex sockets for allen
keys in the head which tear out as soon as you try to tighten them. Hmmm
perhaps they've mis-applied the term "cheesehead".