Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
JonquilJan JonquilJan is offline

Default Surviving high heating oil prices

wrote in message
"JonquilJan" wrote:

wondering about heating this next winter...

How about solar heat from a commercial plastic film greenhouse

perpendicular
to the east or west side of the house on the south side? For $1K and 3

days
labor you can have a 14'x96' solar hot air collector...

Nick

South side of the house (and a lot of the east and west sides as well) are
heavily shaded. and the solar output in this area is not enough to keep the
small solar garden lamps going. and I don't have $1K or enough to pay for 3
days labor even so.

And natural gas not available. Either propane (which is what I have now)
oil (neighbor) or electric.

Still considering that oil filled heater.

Jan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying