Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Painting Doors

"Art" wrote in message
m...
Take them down. Put 2 big screws in each end and lay them on a sawhorse.
Can now paint all sides at one time.

Yes, that's a handy tip. I suggest you use Floetrol in the paint if it's
latex. It helps it to flow. As to inside/outside, you are the best judge
of where you have a good place. As to outside with no dust, wind, or bugs,
I really don't think there's a place on the planet that fits that
description. I know I have painted a few times I "thought" it was calm,
only to later find bugs and airborne flotsam.

One important thing: DO NOT APPEAR TO BE A NEWBIE OR IMBECILE BY LEAVING
ANY HARDWARE ON. Same goes for jambs. It's easy to remove, gives you a
professional looking job, and if you have any loose screws, you will find
out on remounting hardware. Just stick a matchstick in any loose screw hole
and break and trim off, and the screw will be a lot more secure. Do NOT use
any glue. Tape any glass or anything you don't want paint on.

Steve