Posted to alt.home.repair
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default Cordless phones

"Art" wrote in message
Just look for a phone that does NOT use nicad batteries. Those are the
ones with memory problems.

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
Can someone recommend a cordless phone that has long lasting batteries
that will not "degrade" a lot over time?

I have two cordless phones, and when they were new, the batteries last 3
to 4 days, then after a few months or so of usages and
charging/recharging, they no longer hold charge as long, and it gets
worse and worse until the charge will hold for only about 15 minutes.

I understand those batteries have memory and you have to let it die
before you recharge and if you leave it on the charger too long it could
also ruin it. However, I simply cannot manage to do that, I have two
cordless phones and I don't want them to die in the middle of a call, so
I do charge them before they run out, also I don't remove them from the
charger as soon as they are done, I sometimes leave them on the charger
too long.

I have purchased new replacement batteries and they work for a few months
and then back to not holding charge again.

Are there cordless phones out there that will hold charges? I am ready
to toss my two phones into the garbage!

MC

My Panasonic cordless phones use Nickel-Hydride batteries with no memory
issues......