Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default Water in above ground pool is cloudy... not sure what to trynext

"Kelly Jones" writes:

"Alex" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

We let our above ground pool go for a few months, and now I'm unable
to get the water clear. It's an above ground pool, 25 feet diameter
and about 5 feet deep on average. With a few larger trees in our back
yard, the bottom was covered in leaves, which I believe started
growing algae.

When I see this problem in our hot tub it indicates low total alkainity. A
cup of baking soda clears it right up.

No.

Just randomly adding chemicals won't help.

Check the chemical levels first. A test kit is cheap and quick.
Do not take your water to a pool store for an analysis.
You're just asking to be robbed.

I see the OP posts from Google Groups.
Too bad.
I've got Google Groups blocked.