Posted to alt.home.repair

Default whole house fan wiring

On 7/8/2008 5:02 PM lilo spake thus:

I want to install a fan in the hallway ceiling of my upstairs. Do you need
to run a dedicated line to the service panel or can you run a hot from a
close source like a wall plug or such?

If it's a small fan (in terms of how much current it draws, say 1 or 2
amps max.), then you can feed it from a nearby outlet, or a junction box
or some such. Just make sure the circuit you're adding it to isn't close
to its capacity (meaning the rating of the circuit breaker feeding the
circuit).

It drags itself out of the dark abyss of pish, and crawls insanely up
the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and
doodle. It is balder and dash."

- With apologies to H. L. Mencken