Posted to rec.woodworking
Ritalin Escape Corp Ritalin Escape Corp is offline

Default HF tool smell

In article
,
" wrote:

Geez, I happened to be in HF twice in the last couple of weeks and
boy I pity those folks. The smell is just so bad. And the tools I
bought
there (simple measuring tapes) continue to stink up my desk. Any
thought as to what is going on? And/or any ideas on how to
dissipate the smell?

MJM

I have been harping about that stink in many previous posts. Many of us
Wreckers have agreed that Chinese rubber/plastic STINKS!

I know I can buy a tool for cheap, for limited use at Princess Auto (A
Canuckistani version of HF) but I absolutely dread walking in there.

I had a rubber-coated flashlight in a metal toolbox. It was in one of my
trucks for a week or so and MAN.. I opened the toolbox and bloody-near
got floored by the fumes.

To the best of my knowledge, the Chinese rubber stink is as hard to get
rid of as is Hillary.