Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Limit switch timing from a cam

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 01:06:29 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Ned Simmons writes:

Someone else made the fancy graduated hubs ...

Those are stock items, or somebody actually engraved them?

I'm pretty sure they were shop-made. My customer bought the machine to
produce a family of parts for a competitor who needed a second source
as they transitioned to offshore production. The competitor
reconditioned the machine for my customer and made some improvements
to it, several of which had the character of those graduated hubs.
They had a beautiful toolroom turning out all sorts of lovely
overcomplicated little gadgets. It was so pervasive, I came to believe
that culture of overcomplication was likely a contributing factor to
the plant being closed.

--
Ned Simmons