Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Skunk problems

"Claude Hopper" wrote in message
RepairNovice wrote:
Sorry for bringing up such a stinky topic!

It's been an on going problem during the summers but seems to be
getting worse each summer.

It started a few weeks ago this summer. Skunk smell will make its way
into my house on average once or twice a week, always late at night
around midnight or so.

I haven't a clue how far away the skunks are from my house.
I live in a subdivision with 3/4 acre lots and there's a wooded area
pretty close by with all different kinds of animal form there.

In a matter of minutes the smell will seep through my entire house.

Any tips you can offer to minimize this would be appreciated.

I don't keep any food spoils outside nor have a compost.
I do have a very small strawberry patch that is covered with net.

TIA

Call an exterminator and get rid of the skunks.

Febreeze, and Nature's Deodorizer helped us. I think that's the name.
Available at big box stores in the cleaning sections, pet sections, and RV
sections. Made to take out bad smells. Takes a lot, and only works until
the next skunk shows up.

In a neighborhood north of mine, a few years ago they had a skunk problem.
One man went out and shot 28 of them, and they haven't reoccurred in any big
numbers since. Still the lone one now and then. If you live in a skunk
area, it's like living with squirrels or coyotes or you name it. They been
there millions of years and aren't going anywhere.

Steve