Bob G

Default Cabinet Saw Opinions???

William & Lisa wrote:

All,

Has anyone owned or used any of the following table saws. If so, I would be
interested on any feed back (the good, bad, and the ugly) you may have
regarding them. Thanks, Bill

Cabinet Saws
Grizzly G1023SL or G1023Z
General 50-260M-1
Shop Fox W1677
Jet Xacta Saw 708663PK
Hybrids
Dewalt Woodworker's table saw DW746XB or variant
Jet Supersaw 708777K or variant

I have owned a Jet since the late 80's and absolutely love the thing...
It has been a workhorse in my shop and has never once given me any
problems and Honestly I can not tell you if I ever had to go back and
tinker with the setup after all these years... If I ever did I really
do not remember...

I ordered my saw directly from Jet with the a Biesmeyer Fence..(at the
time Biesmeyer was an independant company not owned by Delta) BUT I can
tell you right now That if I were looking today I would be more focused
on the Fence then on which brand saw I would be buying because I
personally do not think the differences in quality of the saws
themselves is all that much... (they are all pretty darn good)

Which saw on your list would I buy today is a question I can not answer
because I just stopped looking the day after I ordered my Jet so I have
no clue as to prices features etc on the newer saws..

I will tell you I Physically looked at 4-5 different brands before I
opened my wallet and truthfully there was not a lot of difference
between saws.... My choice was the Jet ONLY because the top was
machined much better (it shined more..lol) then the Unisaw...Heck of a
reason ...

As for the Hybrids ...? Personally I do not know what they really
offer...seems to me that the space savings issue is one of inches.. but
again I do not know...

Bob Griffiths