Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RB[_2_] RB[_2_] is offline

Default Tying down a lathe

Ignoramus27232 wrote:
I would transport the lathe in my trailer. It is 13x36, about 1,500
lbs. The lathe will be on cart, which I could raise and put on blocks
so that the wheels are not engaged.

The question is how to tie the lathe down. The tailstock end, I think,
is straightforward as I would put the tiedown to pull the tailstock.

The headstock is where I have a question. Can I use a ratchet tiedown
to pull on the headstock (around the corner between bed and headstock,
specifically) or would the headstock be damaged by that pulling action?

No damage, but you want to use two, not one at each end.