Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Richard is offline

Default Copper/metal gate post caps

Hi, I'm trying to find a UK supplier for a metal capping to go over a
7x7in 4 way pointed gate post, to a) finish it off and b) stop water
pouring into the checks forming in the top of the post. I would like
either a plain old galvanised finish or possibly copper (if its not
too ludicrously expensive). It seems that there are a few US suppliers
for such items (see http://www.postcapsource.com/catalog.php?cat=c for
an idea of what I'm after - but minus the wood bit!), but cant find
anyone in the UK that does this size. I could have it made I guess -
but who would do such a small job at a reasonable price??!

Is this possible to do at home with no experience ;-) If so how would
you go about it?

Any thoughts/pointers gratefully received.

TIA