Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair

Default did I damage AVR (honda generator) ?

In alt.energy.homepower ransley wrote:
On Jul 4, 3:21?pm, aemeijers wrote:
Vaughn Simon wrote:
"Mark" wrote in message
om...
how does a honda GX390 differ from one label to another? they appear to all
have the same 13hp, 6600w-8000w (max) power, 30amp

? ?GX390 is the model number of the engine, not the entire generator. ?Sombody
(probably somebody in China) mated that Honda engine to a sombody's generator
and added the frame and other parts to make the entire package. ?You do not have
a Honda generator unit, you have an off-brand generator that happens to sport a
common Honda industrial engine.

? ?That is not necessarily a bad thing, my pressure cleaner (bought at HD) is
the same deal and seems to be just fine.

Vaughn

I'll second that- my lawn mower is an off-brand 'Powered by Honda', but
it is not a Honda lawnmower. A genuine Honda lawnmower would have cost
$700, this one cost $325 or so. Engine has held up great with spotty
maintenance and regular abuse. Since there isn't a whole lot else to
break on a lawnmower, I figured I would take the risk and save some money.

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

Honda is a good motor, but until recently they only made a commercial
unit good for 2-4000 hrs. The GX might be the new homeowner grade,
good for maybe 300-800 hours.

GX IS the commercial grade. There is a more junior series of engines, but
they're called something other than GX.