Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Rope caulk?

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
"Nancy Young" wrote

If this isn't the product I need, do you know what I'm looking
for and where to buy it? As always, I appreciate your help.

I'd visit a boat repair facility and ask them. They use rope caulks
that last decades. Might even be able to Google it and have it
Priority Mailed to your door.

Interesting! Thanks for the tip.

nancy

I have seen documentaries where rope caulks were identifiable after over
1,000 years. So much that they knew the exact fiber used. IIRC, it is
stuffed in there with a tar mixture and tapped into place with a flat shim
of wood and a hammer. The extra goop may help with sealing and preserving
whatever it comes in contact with. Should be cheap, too. Keep us posted.

Steve