Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JD[_2_] JD[_2_] is offline

Default Walking Stick/ Cane Question

Thanks folks. The info you shared was indeed what I was looking for. I've
book marked the Lee Valley page and plan on getting David over here so we
can begin discussing the construction of his walking stick. A appreciate all
the help.

JD

--
He that will make a good use of any part
of his life must allow a large portion of it

wrote in message
On Jul 6, 9:31 pm, "JD" wrote:
Hey folks.

I've a cousin who has to use a cane to get around and he is the kind of
person you just like to help. I have been considering making a cane for
him,
but I am limited by my lathe. If I make him a cane, it will need to be a 2
piece cane. I've considered using something like is used to put a 2 piece
que stick together. The problem I've run into is I can't find a source for
this.

JD Lee Valley has cane heads, several couplers, and interchangeable
tips for both ice or normal times etc, I got a link here, just have a
look.

http://www.leevalley.com/home/Search.aspx?c=1&action=n

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo
http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum4.html

For anyone out there who has made a cane or walking stick, how did you
manage it and do you have a supplier for some means of screwing the 2
pieces
together? I've some nice pieces of walnut and maple selected for making
his
new cane and I'm anxious to get it done. Any help would be appreciated.

JD (Kentucky)