Posted to sci.electronics.repair
f825_633 f825_633 is offline

Default Flash K9F5608UOD Programmer

HI,
Can anyone suggest a way to program a Samsung K9F5608UOD flash chip ?

This is used on board an interet radio that has been altered and needs the
firmward reflashing, I have the code from the manufacturer and the suggested
method is to use JTAG which is slow and then interfaces to the CPU that then
writes back the image,

There is enough test points on the board that can interface directly with
the flash chip, and there is a point where the CPU can be inhibited so as
not to interfer with the process. But I cant find a reasonably priced
programmer that can flash these devices ?, can anyone suggest a circuit for
a home made one ?, preferably the software would run under linux but that
isnt as important as building the diy programmer.

Any suggest something ?, Mr Google this time doesnt seem to help much

TIA.