Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
bent bent is offline

Default Where to get oxalic acid in TO; LV cabinet scraper tools needed?

I have to point out (now of course) I was thinking of a free or $5 wrist pin
from an engine rebuilders or something. I'd have to call and drive out to
pick it up from wherever.

Actually with a round stock metal tool, (with the looks of a knife
sharpener), I think theres little difference to a piston's wrist pin. It
requires some skill level, which I am asking if it is taken out of the
picture with the other kind (at LV or your all in one tool)? If I were to
go into $20 I may put this tool into the category of the tool that LV has,
the one like your's. Same level of commitment. But is it only half the
tool of the adjustable one from LV~!? I am curious what people think about
the need of one though, compared with having something that is "by hand"
(like the first of your links, or a (free or $5 wrist pin). Or for that
matter if a wrist pin is worth sourcing used comopared to the round tool; if
there gonna be much of a difference between those two?