Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Edward Hennessey Edward  Hennessey is offline

Default Where to get oxalic acid in TO; LV cabinet scraper tools needed?

bent wrote:
Any notes on neutralizing this stuff after so the Spar poly will
stickum goodly?

b:

Use a sodium bicarbonate slurry. If you want to be exact, get some ph
strips (try your
local nursery) and test on the runoff from a section to determine what
concentration
it takes to get your residual solution either near neutral or to the ph of
your tap water.
Baker's supply stores have bicarbonate in economical larger quantities.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

"dpb" wrote in message ...
bent wrote:
oxalic acid, or any other product. Oh ya, and where do I get it
in Toronto? Not LV, CT, HH, or HD!

Many of the deck cleaners that HD had last time I was painting were
oxalic-acid based. Can't imagine they don't have the crystals,
either, but I don't know Toronto. If not, any full line paint
supplier certainly should...