Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
bent bent is offline

Default Where to get oxalic acid in TO; LV cabinet scraper tools needed?

So you are telling me that you are aware that this problem specifically
exists, and this is a precise proven remedy? I have had the problem and if
this is serious (as opposed to a suggestion) I will probably take this
advice. I must be sure this is not in the early stages of an educated guess
before I can and will rely on it.
Q1
This (specifically) is serious advice?

Is this for either of the chlorine &/or the oxalic acid solution? because
I'm inclined to go directly to the chlorine solution, because I know it is
effective colour- (brightening) wise. However I don't know what the oxalic
acid method is like, and the latter adhesion? I don't know if the Cl not
sticking is a pH thing requiring your solution, but I can see why the oxalic
acid is a pH thing (acidpH)!?
Q2
Does this solution advice pertain to my Chlorine "brightening" previous
non-adhesion problem?

I already have test strips for pool water. They read pH with a dipped strip
compared to five swatch colours on the back of the bottle: 6.2 6.8 7.2 7.8
and 8.4, but with colours it is easy to see if the pH is on either side of
the scale.
Q3
So is this the type of strip that's gonna work?

I think I have carbonate something also from the pool chemical supplies.
Hey, is this a joke... ok I have....there's bottles labeled literally "pH
Up" which contains "sodium carbonate", "pH Down" which contains "acid
sulphate of soda". I had a post about a week ago in alt.home.repair about
pool chemicals & pH.
Q4 Is a sodium carbonate slurry the right stuff?

Sorry I didn't mean to get carried away. TIA. I am grateful to have
learned this. This pool stores web page has "pH Down", "pH Up", and "Insta
Test", the same type of stuff I already have. Found at interpools.com,
using the search text string "pH Up":

http://www.interpools.com/webstore.t...ED992348719C13

Use a sodium bicarbonate slurry. If you want to be exact, get some ph
strips (try your
local nursery) and test on the runoff from a section to determine what
concentration
it takes to get your residual solution either near neutral or to the ph of
your tap water.
Baker's supply stores have bicarbonate in economical larger quantities.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey