David Hall

Default Long Rant - Tool Addiction

"Bubba" wrote in message ...

SNIP of some great stuff that describes me except that most of my
irrational stuff is just cheap crap that was "too good of a deal to
pass up"...

I seem to recall that the maximum size that a fish will grow to is
determined by the size of it's aquarium. My garage has reached its max as
far as a mega-tool inventory goes. . A bandsaw, shopsmith, workbench and
homemade table saw have pretty much filled the available space between the
back wall and the front bumpers of a couple of vehicles. There are still
all sorts of nooks and crannies in cupboards and cabinets for the inevitable
purchases of irresistible little purchases that I definitely don't need but
am certain to buy.

Com'on Bubba, what the hell are "a couple of vehicles" doing taking up
perfectly good gar...uh shop space. You have no storage space problems
and will not stop "growing" as long as all of that perfectly good
space is being wasted on things designed to live outside. Last house I
bought we went from a 1 to a two car garage and my wife actually
thought she was finally going to get to park her car inside...HA!!
That garage has never seen a 4 wheeled vehicle, except for the
Shopsmith, a couple of tools on moble bases, and the grandkids wagons,
bikes with training wheels, the lawn mower, the freezer on
casters..... Yeah it really is "my" workshop

Dave Hall