Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Tag terminal desoldering technique/s ?

In article ,
"Omer S" wrote:

Try going to one of the aerospace industry houses here in SoCal and
implement some of the yahoo practices of desoldering as described here and
condoned by some, and you will be thrown out before you can even blink an
eye!

As in soldering, but in reverse, there is methodology and experience in the
way one removes components from a circuit.

From milspec procedures, to industry protocol, there is a way of doing this,
in the same manner as driving schools teach parallel parking!

Omer

Right. Suppose you tell us all the mil spec procedure (that term is
outdated by about twenty years, I believe) so that we don't commit any
more grievous mistakes. But "industry protocol" around usenet is bottom
posting, so be careful lest you be "thrown out before you can blink an
eye."