Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default pressure switch wire

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 22:12:09 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

OK, I get it now. Your idea would work, but it might be easier and simpler
to move the pressure switch from the house to the well. The pressure
switch really doesn't care where in the system that it's located, as long
as it can sense the pressure.

NOT true. I tried it. There is a pressure wave that will kick out a pressure
switch when the pump first comes on. Then the pressure drops right off and
the switch closes. result is pump rapidly cycles on/off/on/off.

Put in a pulse chamber made of scrap pipe, or even PVC

In the future, when running electricity underground, ALWAYS use conduit
(grey PVC), then pull THWN wire through it. If you ever have a problem
with the wire, it's a simple matter to replace it.
Paul

I've not heard of THWN and I'm not seeing it listed in Mcmaster or grainger.
Tell me more about it and where to purchase.

Karl

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.