Lew Hodgett

Default Long Rant - Tool Addiction

"Bubba" writes:
snip a very funny tale of accumulating "STUFF"

In the SFWIW category, I had an employer that every year had me go thru my
personal files and throw away any thing that was more than one year old.
Engineering drawings were exempt from this edict.

Why was this policy in effect?

It came from the lawyers.

If you don't have anything, it can't be used against you in a court of law.

But I digress.

It served as a model for my own "stuff".

If I haven't used something in a year, I give it away and take a tax
deduction.

The only exception is something I know I'm going to need when I get to that
part of the boat building project which may be a couple of years away.

HTH

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures