Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Wheaton Stuart Wheaton is offline

Default OT-143 days

Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

SNIP

...to get us out of our current Morass?

What morass? Are you starving? Are you threatened by some other country?
Did you have to sell your children into slavery? What in the hell are you
talking about, "morass"?

I'm talking about the Morass of restrictive laws and rules such as the FEMA
telling me that I might have to raise my entire 40X72 steel building because
of some bureacratic derived flood plain that there exists no evidence,
historically or otherwise to support.

This sounds strange, are they telling you to move it, or that if you
want to be covered by federal flood insurance, you need to move it? The
gov't has never had a problem with people building in flood areas
before... Maybe you just need to build a 2' high levee around it.

I'm talking about the 3 star general
in charge of the Strategic Defense Command responsible for the Star Wars
stuff getting his hand caught in the cooky jar setting himself up with BDC
for a post retirement job.

Isn't that the libertarian Ideal? Sell himself to the highest bidder?
are you against regulations or for them?

I'm talking about the 2 star general that
changed a $750M contract scope of work to a cost + award fee effort to
Raytheon in spite of an Army science board paper which stated unequivocally
that the Army did not have anyone technicall qualified to perform an award
fee determination for that effort. I'm talking about two people that I know
who just obtained government funding to produce some three radars using
contract supplied radar pedestals of quality much inferior to those setting
right under their noses in the supply yard.

In a libertarian world, low quality means low cost right? Maximize
profits, nobody HAS to stand under them, Freedom Right?

I'm talking about FEMA spending
over $1M producing houses for the Typhoon stricken Marshall Islands. The
houses were fabricated with prest wood with absolutely no studs.

So which great libertarian principle do you want applied here? More
oversight of FEMA? What about the contractor who built the shoddy
product? Why didn't that company, which arguably should know
construction better than some Bush college buddy now running procurement
for FEMA, why didn't they say, "Hey this won't do!, you gotta beef it
up"? were they libertarians, just making what they were told for
maximum profit?

With just
a little removing of the blinders example after example of incompetent
government rulings are just obvious.

I'm not seeing how adding greed and removing oversight will solve it
though....

The other Stuart

Glad to see somebody else who spells it properly!