Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Six stroke engine

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 19:34:58 -0400, Tom Quackenbush
wrote:

Inside Bruce Crower’s Six-Stroke Engine:
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...THISWEEKSISSUE
[...]
“I’ve been trying to think how to capture radiator losses for over 30
years,” explains the veteran camshaft grinder and race engine builder.
“One morning about 18 months ago I woke up, like from a dream, and I
knew immediately that I had the answer.”
[...]

Basically, his engine injects water into the cylinder after the
normal exhaust strike, which adds another steam power stroke and
exhaust stroke, as well as cooling the cylinder. This apparently
eliminates the need for an external cooling system and uses some of
the heat energy that would otherwise be lost through the radiator.

Thoughts? Would this present a corrosion issue? Does it sound
worthwhile?

R,
Tom Q.

Sounds like a winner for hydrogen fuel..it could use the water formed
as the injectible water.....

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.