Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-143 days

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 13:49:17 -0700, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Hawke" wrote in message

That's categorically different from the libertarian program as it
stands
today. Libertarianism, as an intellectual conservative would
define it, is a
form of radicalism (and intellectual conservatives recognize that
their opposites are radicals, not liberals). When Stuart says you
need an agreement on some fundamental principles to avoid chaos,
he's surely talking
about some things that are not part of the Libertarian platform,
because
those things aren't there. In fact, he's almost certainly talking
about the
kinds of principle upon which conservatism is founded, as
explained in detail by Edmund Burke.

I can tell that I don't have the historical or political depth of
information that you do, Ed, so I'll just bow out here.

I think I got carried away. I'll relax now. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Hey, way to go Ed. You sat on a Libertarian and made him give, you
bully. I
think that's a first. The fact that he agreed to bow to your logic
was a real triumph. Usually when you give a Libertarian/Conservative
a thumping by
argument all they do is go away mad, start a fight, or call you some
names,
like Gunner would. You also nailed Libertarianism. It's not
realistic. It's
for complainers. They don't like the way things are now; with that
we can all agree. But instead of coming up with real and feasible
ways of making concrete changes all they can come up with is to
throw out the baby with the
bath water. But that explains why that party will never be anything
more than a blip on the radar. As long as it can't come up with real
alternatives
to the status quo that might actually work it'll stay irrelevant.
However, as Americans we all have at least some measure of
Libertarian in us though it may be really, really small.

Hawke

Now, don't get carried away. The impulse behind libertarianism is a
perfectly good one. It's the thought that's lacking.

Thoughtless impulse is an apt description of Libertarians. It also applies
to teenagers.

And of course to the Masters of Thoughtless Impulse...Liberals

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.