Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
nesesu nesesu is offline

Default Tag terminal desoldering technique/s ?

I find it an interesting point. We each, separately, have found a way that
obviously works or we would try and find another method. But there is no
convergence to some outright winning process.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
electronic hints and repair briefs , schematics/manuals list onhttp://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/

IMHO, there is no "winning process" because there are too many
variables. A 'bag of tricks' is more useful and the appropriate
methods applied to the particular situation encountered. Replacing a
components [lead] down under a bandswitch is handled far differently
than on an 'eye' type terminal strip fully exposed in the middle of
the chassis.
I think the whole process is called "experience".

Neil S.