Lazarus Long

Default Help Please! Over my head (long)

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:50:00 GMT, Chris Merrill
wrote:

Andy Dingley wrote:
Personally I like to use local timber. It fits with local styles and
"looks right". Same goes for the style - if you're in colonial
Virginia, just build a six-board and nail it 8-)

No, No, NO! In his case, the "correct" style for him to build is "exactly
what SWMBO asked for", especially if she has any influence on the future
budget for WW machinery

Since my wife doesn't know what mahogany from whatever source looks
like, I need only make the box look like the picture from the catalog.
Use stain on a close grained wood like luan if need be. But I
wouldn't use up good mahogany on a first (or nearly so) project.