Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Mark[_19_] Mark[_19_] is offline

Default did I damage AVR (honda generator) ?

ransley wrote:
You ran the unit in the rain! I hope it had a roof over it and did not
get wet. I mean that chassis ground is to protect you, not the gen,
units go bad or if its wet the operator can be killed

yes, the top of the unit has a kind of lid that protects all parts in such a way that
no water hits any electric parts and the powerhead is located under plastic fuel tank
so also protected from rain

ok, so the grounding wire is simply to protect me and unit would continue to run even
without proper ground wire, got it

not sure then why it decided to turn off this time as I had no new load starting when
this occurred, both fridge and ac were running steadily, not turning off and on when
it decided to flicker lights and shut off.

is there a simple way to diagnose what it will do under load to simulate the event
without actually connecting to house load?