Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Wade Lippman Wade Lippman is offline

Default did I damage AVR (honda generator) ?

"Mark" wrote in message
m...
generator is honda gx390, 6600w / surge 8000, northerntool pro series
8000, unit has total running hours under 30.

First of all, it is apparently a Northerntool with a honda engine, not a
honda generator. Right?

On the three generators I have owned the ground is not connected to
anything, so the generator wouldn't much care about your ground connection.
I believe that is standard on consumer generator; OSHA requires industrial
generators to have the ground connected to the neutral. It should say what
you have on both the generator and the owners manual.
I can't see how a bad ground would affect you in either instance unless you
have a device that sends current to the ground rather then to the neutral;
which would be unusual.

And finally I read through the owner's manual. It doesn't say if the ground
is bonded, nor does it mention having AVR. Are you sure it even has it?
If the fridge and the A/C came on at the same time, that could easily have
caused it to stall.
Good luck.