Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Keiser John Keiser is offline

Default Acer Veriton M460 Front Panel

The Veriton chassis is designed with vent holes on the side panel to
directly exhaust the CPU fan. Nice. But the vent holes render an extra
chassis fan mounted in space provided at the rear ineffective to draw air
over the front mounted hard drive.
Since I could not see how to remove the front panel, I removed the hard
drive and just slipped a 3 inch fan in vertically before pushing the hard
drive back in. The fan is not secured with screws [inaccessible] but the
hard drive seems to hold everything tight. No noise. Better air flow.
I would still like to know how to emove the front panel for future use.

[Sorry about the spelling in the original post. "hooped" should have been
"I hoped."]

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.