Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser Lobby Dosser is offline

Default Old Dog, New Tricks

(Arch) wrote:

Hi Charlie, good post. I forget who wrote "You Can't Go Home Again",

Thomas Wolfe. Home left the day you did.

but it's often true. Your dilemma with old skews and new hollowers
reminds me of my troubles & woes with old glasses and new shoes.

I can see better with the old specs and the old shoes sure are
comfortable. The new specs are blurry and the new shoes pinch. If the
new set up really is right, the only way I know is to persevere,
forgetting an old friend and you'll soon find the new one is better
and now the old blurs & pinches ...but you already know that.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter