Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Table Saw - 14" blade?

dpb wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
Seems to me I prefer a bigger saw than just a 10 incher. The table is
really small for a x-cut sled too. I know bigger isn't always better,
but it seems like the bigger table/power/resaw capacity of a 14" saw
really has its benefits. Any downside?

Only one, really, assuming you have the room... $$$ (oh, and you may
have no real choice other than 3-phase so that's yet more $$$ if don't
have already).

Altho, of course, one might find used stuff for a relative song owing to
the tendency of lack of interest in the mass market for the size and the
3-phase hang up so that the cost of a phase converter might about
balance out...

As BARRY notes, blades for that puppy aren't going to be cheap, either...

If I were looking, I think I'd look first at 12" as a compromise...

(Of course, I have a 16" RAS so aren't really limited by the 10" TS for
much of anything I've ever wanted to do so I can afford to say think
smaller... )