Posted to alt.home.repair
SRN SRN is offline

Default How much do propane tanks weigh?

Here's an interesting link on filling propane cylinders and how much a
cylinder holds, water capacity, tare weight, etc.
http://www.propane101.com/propanecylinderfilling.htm

"SRN" wrote in message
OOPS..my math is off.....37 lbs. 4.5 oz. minus 17 lbs. 14 oz. is net
weight of 19 lbs. 6.5 oz. :-(

"SRN" wrote in message

"jack" wrote in message
. ..
The barbeque sized ones; about how much are they full and empty?

The last one I had that was empty weighed exactly 17 lbs. 14 oz. on my
refrigerant scale which is fairly accurate. The new one weighed 37 lbs.
4.5 oz. full, and the tare weight is listed as 17 lbs. Which gives a net
of 20 lbs and 4.5 oz. of propane which is interesting because it's sold
as 17 lbs. net weight, as many exchange cylinders are now (Blue Rhino,
etc.).