Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Screwed by PartMiner again; Counterfeit Cypress SRAM CY7C199D-10VXI

Stefan Huebner wrote:

We've received a reel of 1,000 SRAM parts from PartMiner that were deemed
counterfeit by the folks at Cypress. Due to availability issues in

As we can't be of much help with that, I'll wanted to say thank you
for the warning at least.
partm... wasn't that the guys who took data sheets from wherever they
could and then, from one day to another in 2001, decided to charge big
bucks just to get those sheets...?

Partminer bought the Cahnners Publishing 'CAPS' database for the
scans. It was a very expensive service that was available to OEMs to
locate information on all types of electronics components. At first, it
was a free service from Partminer, then they stated charging for older
datasheets, or anything else that wasn't easy to find. They have had
the 'CAPS' database for about ten years, now.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.