Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Recommended USENET newsgroup access

Bill wrote:

Was that EGA level pictures way back then?

Hercules monochrome & CGA. I think EGA was a year or two later. Did
you ever see an IBM PGA monitor?

I was using my Visioneer 4400 USB scanner to scan parts for my
website, before I bought a camera with a good macro function.

Same here, especially if you want to sell anything on Ebay.

I considered that, but I'm not sure if it's worth all the trouble. I
give a lot of things away on the local Freecycle, rather than fool with
boxing things and dragging them to the post office. I am 100% disabled,
and so far, it hasn't been worth the pain or trouble for a few dollars.

Pretty much the same size here , 33" x 5' and it is 'FULL'. 2 scanners
stacked, the old, big, document H.P. scanned and it's SCSI card are
stored. With the scanners, printer, KB, big CRT monitor, and the tower
case my desk if full up and I can barely get any paper on it unless I
flip the keyboard on it's side for a while.

I'm using a solid oak dining room table for the computers, 21" CRT
monitor (From the HOP website: A 21-inch FD Trinitron tube with a
19.8-inch viewable image, 0.24 mm aperture grill pitch for excellent
graphics and an anti-glare coating to minimize reflection. Supports
video modes up to 2048 x 1536 at 75 Hz refresh rates. Two video inputs
to connect to two PCs.) and the Visioneer 4400 scanner.

I have an old "Telephone stand' next to the table to hold the laser
printer and printing supplies, and a set of plastic shelves on the other
end to hold all the books, software and misc items like the digital
camera, cables and blank media. I am going to replace that with a four
foot wide wire restraint type shelving to hold the computers, UPS and a
second monitor for when I have more than four computers in use. I will
also have room for the photo printer and a few other toys.

Here is an example of the shelving:
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=168602
The price is reasonable, but it is a heavy box, and difficult for me to
handle. At least my current pickup truck is big enough to haul it home.
I had to have the last one loaded in the truck at the store, then unpack
it and carry in the pieces, but I made it.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.